Sunday, February 6, 2011

Brazil, and "The Betty"

Well IM back from Brazil, and I'd love to say it was amazing, and that we took care of business. But IM not sure I can. It was crazy, running from 1 location to another. Doing a tattoo seminar for about 52 individuals, and a ton of talking over business (inks, machines, books). And of course the Heat, lets not forget that. Hell a fat guy in the of south american heat is about as keen as a fat guy sitting on a 10 hour flight in coach (oh yeah, there was that to)!
But honestly, Jime Litwalk and I made the trip to visit some friends, meet new folks, and discuss a bunch of future endeavors. Also to discuss the future of current endeavors. Which we did, sort of. You see nothing really happens fast in Brazil (at least not for us), and we definitely got the full treatment.
But like I said, some things did get taken care of, like our seminar. Jime, and I did a 4 hour work shop on our drawing technique, and tattooing styles. Inks, pencils, paper, the whole thing. And believe it or not, considering 98% of the folks in the room spoke no real english, this went off great. Now its not because Jime, and I are so good at speaking to folks, but because the promotor hired a full on translator. Yup 2 guys sitting behind glass, translating everything we said to all the folks in the room, thru head sets. Very U.N. professional.
Than there was the show. We got to do some way cool tattooing.But that really (i think) was over shadowed by the photo taking. Yup, I felt like a movie star on the red carpet, on opening night, and I can tell ya. I wasn't even a bit comfortable with it. We must of posed for like a 1000 photos with folks down there (and I aint exaggerating). It seems that every time we took a second, we had a guy or a gal, under 1 or both arms, and a camera in our faces. Can't say I was real cool with it, but when in Rome.
Than after the show came the business, and relaxing part of our trip. Yeah IM not sure Jime, or I really get the relaxing part in Brazil. Very nice people in a very rural setting. Little to no Air Conditioning, and not the most comfortable beds. But I aint complaining, like I said, we were made to feel at home, and like 1 of the family. But wow, its a tough family to be part of. And lets not forget the heat. I sure as Hell wont.
But I can go on, and on. And I wont. Needless to say things were accomplished (I hope), and great folks, and new friends were met. And IM certain from the Brazilian stand point, Jime, and I are just 2 americans who just don't get it.
There are many more picts from this trip, and IM only gonna post a couple here. But when I get em all, i'll post em somewhere for your viewing pleasure.


p.s. She Called "The Betty"

No comments:

Post a Comment