Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Lickity Split



Well I've been feeling a bit down by the fact that I've not blogged in what seems a while. But today, I had no tattooing to do, so chose to paint my rather sizable Little buns off.
Actually i've been meaning to get to these pieces sooner. But I've not been able to bring myself to start em. IM a bit freaked out by the fact that I'll be sharing the walls with some pretty impressive artists, and IM not all together comfortable with it. Honored, but still uncomfortable. The Shaws being called "Girls, Girls Girls", and is hosted by Nikko Hurtado's Black Anchor Collective

That having been said, heres the First piece. Its titles "Lickity Split", measures 4 1/2x6 1/2 and is acrylics on Gessoed wood. First time working on wood for me, and not an entirely unsatisfying experience. Sorry for the insanely Crappy scan. Looks like I'll need to be photographing this one.
The other 2 pieces for this show will be a bit larger (11x14"). and IM hoping will go as smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment